Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman

Paul Newman died today. He was one of the last great actors. I remember seeing him in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I was a teenager in high school and it was one of the few movies I went to the theater to see. I still remember his piercing blue eyes and thinking he had to be the most handsome older man I had ever seen. Of course when you are 14 years old anyone over the age of your parents is old. (As I get age my idea of "old" changes).

When the movie The Sting came out I was still in high school I insisted on seeing it and Paul Newman was still just as handsome as he had been a few years before. I still thought of him as being old but it didn't matter.

The Sting and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid have remained two of my favorite movies. Thank you Paul Newman for providing entertainment to so many through the years. May you rest in peace.

Liz

No comments: