Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LABOR DAY

We took Labor Day to heart and worked all day. R replaced a french door that goes from our sunroom to our backyard. It needed to be replaced so he spent the weekend removing the old, rotten door and then prepping the area. We have had the replacement door for almost 2 years (other things in life got in the way of the installation) and it was such a great bargain. I found it at Lowe's and the door had been returned. That particular day the store was having a 90% off of their clearance items so we got the door that had originally sold for $1005 for $105. What a deal! There are still a few things that need to be finished on it but this door is so much better than the other one.
My project for the day was to start tearing out the tile around our bathtub. Everytime we took a shower or a bath we were afraid the tile would start caving in. I spent the day taking out the old tile and I started on taking out the sheetrock. There are two layers of sheetrock so I am about half way through so this weekend I will have to finish. It will definitely look better than what was there.

Liz

No comments: