Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Unique Gift

Last Christmas our son asked that we give them one of our favorite books as one of their gifts. As much as I enjoy reading it was difficult to select a book. I also had my parents give them as well as our daughter their favorite gifts.

For our son I chose Walk Across America (see my shelfari) and for our daughter I chose The Secret Life of Bees (see my shelfari). My husband chose to give our son White Fang/Call of the Wild and our daughter was given The Long Walk (see my shelfari).

I knew that my father would say that his favorite book was Ferdinand the Bull so I found a copy for each of our children. My mother gave our son Feet in the Fire and she gave our daughter the autobiography by Ben Carson.

I really thought that this was such a unique gift. We wrote in the book why it was one of our favorite books. I felt that it was such a personal gift and one that would share a memory. Sometimes the best gifts are simple and meaningful.

Liz

No comments: