Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Christmas

We had our family Christmas this past Sunday. We gathered at my brother's house and brought our gifts (remember we drew names). We had a great meal-steak, ribs, baked potatoes, green beans, fruit salad, broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole, and cheesecake. The steaks were wonderful-my brothers are both better cooks than me.

I got a great gift-a web cam. My daughter in law had my name and that is what she gave me. This will enable us to see the baby every day if we would like.

I had my daughter in law's name which is a funny coincidence. They are wanting to get a camcorder so I gave her a gift card that they can put towards getting that.

I thought that my mother got the best gift (other than mine). My daughter had her name and she gave my mother a gift card to the theater in their town. My mother loves going to the plays and the actors are quite good for a small town. I have gone to several of the towns and have always enjoyed the plays. My mother is at the age that she doesn't need something else to sit around so this was a great gift for her.

Christmas shopping this year has been easy. I hope that we continue to draw names and give to a charity. I felt that we enjoyed the time spent with each other and also gave money that will help people in Kenya possibly see again.

Liz

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

Liz,

I am crashing your party. You have a beautiful blog, and so many fabulous ideas and thoughts here. If it is true that you are getting no comments, you truly need more readers! There is a lot of inspiration here!

Thanks for visiting me at The Journey--Statcounter tells me these things--and normally I would just give you a quiet visit back, but I just couldn't leave without saying hello.