Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No Decorations This Year

For the first time in 30+ years I do not have any Christmas decorations out. I had intended to put up the tree but decided not to do even that.

I have tons of Christmas decorations and I love decorating for the season. Even last year between surgeries and company I managed to get all the decorations out. This year we were gone for Thanksgiving and upon returning my husband went out of town. I thought that this would give me a lot of extra time but other things got in my way. Then a whole week went by and nothing had been done.

Since we are going to be leaving December 20 to go to Houston to await the birth of this grandchild (if it doesn't come sooner) I just didn't see a reason to get all of the decorations out and spend a week decorating and then only be able to enjoy it for a week. So-there will be no Christmas decorations this tear. That means that next year when I get them out then it will more exciting.

Liz

No comments: