Friday, December 19, 2008

Facebook

I have known about Facebook because I have children. My daughter would talk about it and the friends that she had found and at school I have had kids ask me if I had a facebook account. Until now I could truthfully tell them no, but now I have joined Facebook.

My husband and I met when we were both working at Glorieta Baptist Conference Center (GBCC) where we both had summer jobs. By the next summer we were married. We left there at one time and then returned and worked there for another 2 years. We have some great memories from that time and had some good friends, but friends move away and you lose touch with them.

Now through the internet age friends can come back into your life. I had recently discovered that there was a site through Facebook for former GBCC staff. I have become reacquainted with people from those days and it has been great to catch up on what has happened in their lives.

A bonus to this has been people that I haven't talked with since 9th grade. From 7th-9th grade I lived in Houston, Texas. I was part of a group of friends that not only went to church together but went to school together also. There were about 10 of us and that was one of the best times of my life. I have caught up with some of them and it is great to know that I haven't been forgotten by them.

Although life goes on sometimes old friendships endure-even after no contact for 30 years.

Liz

No comments: