Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Remarkable Daughter

My birthday was today. When you have a birthday so close to Christmas you sometimes get lost in the shuffle. That is why I swore I would never have a child in December but what did I do-I had a child in December. . .and now he is having a child in December.



This year for my birthday my daughter fixed me dinner. We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, zucchini, corn, and bread. We also had cake and ice cream. She did all this after working all day-I didn't work today since it was my birthday.



The other reason my daughter is remarkable is that she does everything she can for others. She has such a caring spirit and she has chosen to be involved with children who have cancer. She endlessly volunteers for Camp Quality, a camp for children with cancer, a camp where children can be children for a week. She raises money, she keeps in contact with families, and she does everything she can to ease the pain and burden for these children and their families. I love her so much and I admire her for all the time, energy, and love that she puts into this.

Liz

No comments: