Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Fun 2007 Christmas Eve

Last year on Christmas Eve afternoon our son, daughter in law, daughter, my husband and I went to the mall. I had told them that we were going there to have fun. I know that they were thinking how much fun can you have at the mall on the day before Christmas where everyone is scurrying about trying to find those last minute gifts. I also think that they thought I had lost my mind.

Upon arriving at the mall I gathered them around and gave each of them $5.00. I then gave them the instructions: they each had 1 hour to spend the whole $5.00 (I forgot to tell them that they would have to pay the tax) and then we would meet up at that same spot to compare the things we got. The person that did the best won-all they won was the honor of saying that they had won.

I went to lots of stores to look and I found lots of things but nothing that I felt would be a good use of my money. I finally found a display of small tools that were less than $5.00. I bought about 4 things (one of them cost $2.00) and started my way back to our meeting place.

We compared the things that we had bought: a gummy rat plus some other candy, some light up earrings, and other useless items. Our daughter won-she managed to spend hers in the first 5 minutes and then spent the rest of them time wandering around. She could only bring back a picture of her choice. She had donated her money to Salvation Army and took a picture of the bell ringer and the money going into the slot of the kettle.

I think that everyone agreed that she had made the best selection. We all had fun and it was an enjoyable afternoon at the mall.

Liz

No comments: