Thursday, December 18, 2008

Being Thankful

During these difficult economic times everyone is affected one way or another, whether it is a job loss, declining house value, or retirement accounts. We are no different than anyone else.

We have lived in our house 3 1/2 years. Someday I will post a list of everything that has gone wrong with this house since we have been here-it will be lengthy. Originally we thought we would live in our house about 3-5 years, do a little updating, and then sell it. We now say we will be in the house indefinitely. The value of it has dropped and there is more to fix than we were aware of.

Despite the house I do have much to be grateful for. Even though our retirement account has lost a significant amount of money we are still many years from retiring so hopefully we have plenty of time to make that up.

My husband still has a job and even though he found out yesterday that no one will be getting raises next year we feel that there is no reason to complain. We have great benefits and he is still employed.

There are so many blessings that we have each and every day. Our children are healthy and employed, our parents are doing well, we have a house, we have jobs, and we live in a country in which we have many freedoms.

Even though these are uncertain times there is one constant in my life-God. I know that no matter what happens God will still be there walking beside me, providing for me, and enabling me to get through each day.

Liz

No comments: