Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Husband


This is him-the person that makes me smile. There are times that I can just think of him and smile. I think that after 30+ years of marriage that it is important that I can say that.
I have never seen him kinder than when I broke and dislocated my ankle. For weeks he took and picked me up from work, helped me take a bath, and made sure that I was taken care of. The first few weeks after surgery he would help me outside so I could take in the flowers. He even moved a huge pot to the back door so that I could see the flowers that were blooming. No one could have taken better care of me.
During my husband's brain surgery and recovery I was concerned that the person that I had married would not return. I don't think any one can be prepared for the difficulties that occur after brain surgery. Everyone recovers differently so there is no manual to prepare you for what will happen. I know that there are times that he has to really fight some of the lasting symptoms but it is important that he tries and will continue to fight.
I love him because he has put up with my family for all these years and he loves them dearly. He is more than willing to do what is necessary for them. I love him because he is a wonderful son to his parents. I love him because he still loves me and I know that he will still be here no matter what.
Liz

No comments: