Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kids



Our
Children
We have now reached the point in our life that we can look back and be thankful that our kids got through childhood relatively unscathed. I don't think it was because I was a great mother-I think that it was because I was a praying mother.
Our son and daughter in law have managed to both get their masters degrees while supporting each other. K started graduate school right before they got married. She worked at a couple of part time jobs while L worked full time. When she finished they packed up and moved to Denver where K worked and L went to school. During all this time they never asked for a single dime from either of their parents. They were responsible and did more with less money than any 2 people I know. Once L finished they packed up and moved to Houston and are now expecting their first child.
Our daughter and son in law are so considerate and kind. Z just finished his masters last week and I was so honored that he would call to tell me so that we could all share in his excitement. B has been at a job for almost 2 years and has proved to be such an asset to the company. She has been given new assignments and just recently been moved to another position that had just been created. I have been so proud of her and she deserves every recognition that she has received. The two of them just bought a house during the summer so it has been a busy year for them. They are so responsible and we are so fortunate that they live close to us.
I am grateful that we have reached this point in our lives that our children have also become our friends. I couldn't love them more.
Liz



No comments: