Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

We live in a cul de sac and I have never seen very many children in the neighborhood so I am never sure how many trick or treaters we will have. This year we had more than in years past. I think that we may have worked our way up to an even dozen, all cute.

There were the usual cute kids=the dragon that went grrr instead or trick or treat. That child had 2 pumpkin pails. I didn't know if she was collecting for someone else or was just greedy. It turns out that she couldn't make up her mind between the 2 identical pails so she insisted on bringing both.

I had 3 little girls that were sisters and when I put their Pixie Stick candy in their pails they all got excited, "My favorite!!". One of the little girls kept asking for more. I had already given her 5 Pixie Sticks and I wanted to make sure that I had enough for the other 6 kids that would show up so I just had to tell her that I had given her some. She kept pleading and telling me that she needed more. I finally just had to shut the door on that cute kid.

The best one of the evening was the group of 3 middle school age kids. I had made barbecue pork in the crock pot and one of the kids said, "OOH, it smells like barbecue. Did you barbecue tonight?" I explained what I had made for dinner and he said, "Oh, if you had some ribs in there I was going to have you take back the candy and just bring me those ribs". He had to be happy with the Pixie Sticks.

Liz

No comments: