Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

A new year has begun with new beginnings and new hopes. I have never been one to make resolutions and I am not going to start now. Instead it is nice to look back and reflect on blessings.

I am so blessed to have a husband that loves me and puts up with me which I know is not always easy.

I am so blessed to have parents that are living, in good health, and are generous. Anytime we need them they are there-no matter what.

I am so blessed to have 2 great children and their spouses. They enrich my life greatly and I am so proud of them.

I am so blessed to have this new grandson. My prayer for months was that he would be born safely and healthy. Although there were a few tense moments he is an answer to that prayer.

I am so blessed to have friends. Recently I had lunch with a friend that I have known since I was in 6th grade. We hadn't seen each other in at least 25 years but that friendship was still intact and we had so much that we could share.

Most of all I am so blessed to know that in good times and bad that God is there with me, walking beside me and holding my hand. I know that no matter what 2009 brings the one constant will be God.

Liz

No comments: