Monday, January 19, 2009

Defiance

My husband and I just returned from seeing the movie Defiance. Several years ago he had read the book The Bielski Brothers. Although this movie is not based on that book it is about the same subject, the Bielski brothers and their ability to save many Jews during World War II.

I loved the movie. I haven't read the book but my husband told me that it was pretty close to being accurate. The movie is about these brothers that manage to save over 1200 Jews by living in the forest and each in their own way fought the Germans.Even though there was conflict between the 2 older brothers they both did what they thought was correct.

Go see it!

Liz

1 comment:

Jill Marie Paulson said...

This sounds like a book and a movie that I would like...thanks for sharing!