Saturday, January 10, 2009

Candy Hearts

Just as soon as the Christmas items have been cleared off the shelves at 50% off the Valentine candy comes out. For as long as I can remember I have loved the conversation hearts that are available at this time of year.
I have been known to eat so many that my jaws hurt-that was when I was younger and had less sense than I do now. I now try to eat them in moderation. I know if I have them in my house that sooner or later I will hear them calling my name and I will lose all my will power and start eating them.
This year I had managed to resist buying them until yesterday. I know it was only a week after New Year's Day but for me that was a record. This year instead of buying them in the larger package I decided that I would try buying them in the smaller boxes-you know-the ones that you would get in school at the Valentine's party. My thinking was that if I bought them in that size I would have more restraint. Is eating 3 of those boxes in one day showing restraint?
Liz

No comments: