Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Favorite Teacher

I know this teacher at school and today was the first time we have ever had any time to talk. I have always liked him and wish I could manage students as he does.

I also think that Mr. H. is one of the best role models for male middle school students. He teaches Language Arts. That is all he teaches. He does not coach. I can think of only 1 other teacher at school that doesn't coach, OOPs, make that 2. Anyway, I think that it is so important for students to see that you can be a male teacher and that is all they do...teach. So many times male teachers teach a subject but they also coach because that is what they would really like to do but they have to also teach a subject. There is nothing wrong with that but I think sometimes it is nice for students to see that a male teacher can teach a subject and not be a coach.

Liz

No comments: