Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

Photo from Flickr


The movie The Secret Life of Bees will be opening October 17. It is from the book by Sue Monk Kidd.


I read this book and absolutely loved it. I was so excited when I learned that it was being made into a movie. I have plans to go and see it and I hope that I am not disappointed.


For Christmas, 2007 my son and daughter in law asked that we give them our favorite books. I extended this to my daughter also. I suggested that my mother do this and I knew that if I asked my father what his favorite book is he would reply with Ferdinand.


I gave each of my children the book of Ferdinand because I could remember how excited I was to find this book because my father would compare any book I talked about with Ferdinand. Mind you I was in the first grade so about the only thing I was reading was Fun with Dick and Jane.


That Christmas I gave my daughter The Secret Life of Bees. My wish was that she would find it as pleasurable as I did. She did read it and loved it. I do think that was one of the best gift ideas I have ever participated in.


Liz




No comments: