Friday, October 17, 2008

The Stump




Today the stump was removed from our front yard. The stump had been out there for over a year. It only took about 1 1/2 hours to remove it.
The first time we had foundation work (that's right-we are fortunate enough that we have had it done twice AND they need to come out again) they suggested that we remove the tree closest to the house because of the damage that the roots can do to our foundation. That was a quick and easy decision-remove the tree. My husband started cutting on the tree and got it down to a large stump, which is what remained for a very long time. From time to time yard workers would stop and give us an estimate to remove the stump but we didn't want to pay $400 to remove it.
In 2007 I gave my husband a deadline of the fall of that year to get the stump removed and finish the fence that had been started. Then he got a reprieve because he had to have a brain tumor removed. I kept telling him that he doesn't know how lucky he is that he had an excuse for not removing that deadline.
Now a year after his surgery and long recovery plans had been started to remove the stump. THEN 2 life savers stopped by yesterday and said that they would remove the stump-for $250. I wasn't home and so my husband told them he would have to talk with me (that is because he doesn't handle the money in our house and so he really doesn't have a clue if we could afford that). When I found out that they would come and do it I told him to call them immediately. Of course he waited until this morning to call them and lucky for us they didn't have anything planned. In fact, I think that they were as excited as we were to remove the stump.
Now the stump is gone. The only thing left is mulch. Now if we can just get the fence done. . .
Liz

No comments: