Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Class of Hellions

Yesterday I substituted in a 7th grade Language Arts class. The funny thing is that I was a substitute for the substitute. The permanent teacher is on maternity leave so there is a long term sub in the class. She had to go to some kind of training or something so I was the sub for the day.

I have been in the class before so 4th period was not going to be a surprise. They have to be one of the worst classes I have ever had. There were 4 girls yesterday that just made it miserable. Four girls can disrupt one class and that means that there were 20 others that had a difficult time doing their work in there.

There was a sub in the class last month and I came across the note that she had left. That day the 4th period class ran back to the class after lunch and locked the teacher out of the room. I doubt that much was done to the students BECAUSE they are still there. They should be sent to alternative education for that!

I know that things have changed a lot since I was in school but there is no way I would have ever behaved in that manner. I knew that I was to be respectful to my teachers. They were my elders and they were there to help me. I also knew that when my parents found out I had been disrespectful then there would be consequences.

My children have also told me that there is no way they would have behaved disrespectfully. Why-they knew that there would be consequences to pay at home. Maybe that is the problem today. There are no consequences at home for their behavior. Just think-these are the same people that will be future employees. They should be glad that I don't own a business-I would never hire them.

Liz

No comments: