Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beethoven and Bizet

On Thursday and Friday I substituted in choir. My best threat was if they didn't behave I would sing for them and I knew they didn't want that.

On Thursday some of the classes had to read some articles. One was on Jason Mraz and the other was about the birth of Rock and Roll. One of the articles mentioned Beethoven.

In order to make sure they had actually read the articles I would ask them a question about it. I asked one boy to tell me something that he had read and he mentioned Beethoven. I asked him to tell me what it said about Beethoven thinking he would tell me that the composer was deaf. Instead the student told me that Beethoven played music (duh!).. When I asked what kind of music he played the boy told me, "Jazz". I told him to go and read it again.

On Friday all the classes watched a video named Bizet's Dream. I had never heard of Bizet but I learned that he was the composer that wrote the opera Carmen. Even I learn when I am at school.

Liz

No comments: