Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Flowers



I love Clematis. I discovered it when we lived in Kansas. It grew prolifically there. I planted several while we were living there. The plants would bloom most of the summer as long as I would deadhead them.

When we moved to Texas I had been told that they would not grow well here. Imagine my surprise when I would see them for sale at Lowe's. I bought a few the first summer we were here and due to the drought we were experiencing at that time I had a hard time keeping them alive. Since then I have bought several more and planted at various places in our yard. The one pictured above is the only one that I have planted in a pot and I can say that it is hardy. It has had a hard time but this year it is looking the best that it has ever looked. It is the first one of all of my clematis to bloom and it is so pretty.

The others planted throughout the yard will be blooming soon. i am sure that they will be just as pretty as this one.

Liz
Posted by Picasa

No comments: