Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ergun and Emir Caner

Photo from Flickr
Sunday night my husband and I went to the First Baptist Church of Euless to hear two brothers, Ergun and Emir Caner (the above photo shows Ergun and I know it is small but it is the only decent one that I could find). They were brought up by Turkish parents that were practicing Muslims. As teenagers they were invited to a Christian church by a friend. Due to that friend's invitation these two men became Christians. Ergun is now the president of Liberty Theological Seminary in Lynchburg, Virginia and Emir is the president of Truett-McConnell College in Cleveland, Georgia.
These 2 men were the most interesting speakers. They spoke for only an hour and I could have listened to them for another hour. They spoke of Islam and their personal insights into the religion and the fanaticism related to it. I encourage anyone to take the opportunity to hear them if they are ever in your area, you will not regret it.
Liz

No comments: