Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Am Done

I am done, done, done,. . .with my long term job that is. I finished up yesterday and I was very happy. It was a pretty miserable 4 weeks. I just got so tired of the disrespect from the students.

The first week I cried every morning on my way to work. The teacher that I worked with wasn't also very helpful so I just had to try to figure out what I was supposed to do.

The second week I decided to listen to Rod Stewart (loudly) on my way to work. Normally I try to pray and then listen to somewhat mellow music as I drive to work. I decided I had to do something or I was not going to do a good job. The solution was to listen to Maggie May and other songs as I went to work. That helped immensely. I would be humming as I walked into the building.

The third week I only had to work 2 days because we went to San Francisco so I was just anxious to get there, get done, and get home. It was such a relief to be gone for those days that it made the last week bearable.

The last week and today I knew that I was in the home stretch and I could make it to the end. Today was the best day because there were very few students that came in to help due to preparing for state assessment testing the rest of the week.

The part I disliked the most during these weeks has been lunch duty. The students are even more disrespectful during that time and ignore most of what is said. Today I didn't even have to do lunch duty. What a way to end the assignment!

Hopefully I will get to have 2 days at home to get some things done before I go back to work. Thursday I already a job for that day-a Language Arts class. The teacher teaches both 6th and 7th grade. At least it will be a change in what I have been doing.

Liz

No comments: