Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beginnings

Marty

Lucy


Let's start with a little information. In addition to my husband and children we have 2 dogs, maybe I should say my husband has 2 dogs because in their eyes I do not exist. Their names are Lucy and Marty and they love my husband unconditionally. Lucy's dark eyes express her undying love for R. and if we could just figure out how to put a tool belt around Marty he would make an excellent helper. He follows R. around anytime he is working on a project.

Although we are native Texans until 2005 we had not lived in Texas for 26 years. We moved here from Olathe, Kansas where we had lived for 6 years. Although we loved Kansas we felt that it was time to move to Texas. Our parents lived in Texas and we felt that it was time that we lived closer to them.

There are always house projects going on. We didn't realize the extent of house repairs that would need to be done when we bought the house so there seems to always be something being remodeled, repaired, patched, etc. I am so blessed in that my husband can fix anything and his many talents have been used to their full extent.

As for me-I am so blessed. That doesn't mean that I don't have my trials and tribulations, but through the good and the bad I know that God is there to walk beside me. During the school year I substitute teach at a middle school. I just work at one school because I do a better job if I know the routine, the teachers, and the students and they know me. I do my best and sometimes I feel that is not enough but I continue to try to learn so that I can improve. I choose to work at a middle school because I like the staff and the students (for the most part) and also because if the class is just awful that day then I know that they will be gone in 50 minutes and the next class will be a whole new adventure.

That is it for now. I am sure that as time goes on more will be written about my family, work, and projects.

Thanks for finding me.

Liz

No comments: