Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Rain Gods Must Hate Me

Photo from Flickr
This is what it has looked like outside my window for over a week now. Don't get me wrong-I am thankful for the rain. I just wonder why it can't be spread out over several weeks instead of having it all at once.
This morning it was raining. According to the weather man on the news last night it was supposed to rain after midnight but then by this morning it would clear up and the rain would move on.
Since I had some Weed N Feed fertilizer I thought that it would be the perfect time to put it out. It stated that it needed to be put out when the grass was wet from dew and a sprinkling. Since it had not rained hard I thought this was the perfect opportunity plus I wasn't working today. I got out the fertilizer and poured it into the spreader. I got it out on the entire yard. I was happy.
After lunch I happen to look out and what do I see but RAIN. I guess now some of the weed killing particles of my fertilizer have been washing off and I will continue to have weeds. I think that this is the time that I will give up, wait until fall and put out pre-ermergent. Maybe by then the rain gods will have moved on to torture someone else.
Liz

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Liz! Hope it stopped raining for at least a little while.

And AMEN about the standardized tests!